Sunday, March 20, 2011

Moving.

I will be moving to Kaisosi village (tor the time being). For a variety of different reasons, Laura and I have chosen to go live with a family in Kaisosi!! At times we are excited and other times a bit hesistent.

What this means is for you:
1. I will not be online very often. Only when I return to the area I was staying prior will I be able to use the internet.
2. Sorry if i have a delayed response.

What this means for me:
1. Huge amounts of change... Laura and I were joking about what we should give up for Lent. We decided on nothing because moving out there means we will be giving up a lot of the comfort of living a western lifestyle. For example: a sink, a toliet, a shower, a washing machine, a longer communit to work on bike, and limiting my food to mainly pap and bread.
2. I will be living with a family. i am excited about this and also a little nervous as it will mean i need to be alot more flexiable (crying babies).
3. I will get to be able to live with and among the people in much closer community! It breaks the majority of social and traditional norms for white people to live in a village setting.

Pray.
Please pray for me in this transition. I listened to a sermon on motives this morning and it reminded me that I should not make this move because I want to "look more spiritual" by sacrificing some of my "western" privaleges, nor should I move just because I personally want to prove something. So specificly please pray for my attitude, motives, sleep-patterns, relationships with people at the hosptial and at home (that neither of them will suffer), strength and health. Pray that through breaking "western" norms we will be given the oppertunity to share the love of Christ with people and be an example of what it means to humble and gracious as Jesus was.

1 comment:

  1. Alysse,

    Just wanted to let you know that you were thought of and prayed for today friend! I miss you! Hope all is well and let's skype soon! :)

    love,

    Charissa

    ReplyDelete