Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Uniquely Namibian

Unique things that you will only truly understand if you come to Namibia….

“That side” – with a click in a general direction. Inside of saying I live on Pinegrove street, just click in a general direction and say, “that side”.

Lots of people say, “Is it?” which half the time I reply with “It is!” – This means something similar to someone saying, “Really?” or “Is that true?”

Shaking the bus so that you can squeeze in just a little more gas.

Understanding the importance of Sunlight and Moonlight: Sunlight means you can be outside, cook and bike without falling in pot holes. Moonlight is very helpful when you are bathing outside.

When it rains people say, “Today is a day for the blankets.” Meaning you want to sleep all day and not work!

As a white person I feel strange if I am NOT being stared at and hollered at. When I see a lot of white people I feel very out of place!

It is not people that scare me it is dogs!

Yes, I have turned into an African for…
I can make the squeaky sound when doing laundry.
I do not mind eating the same types of food daily.
I walk.
I get very cold when the temperature is anything below 70 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment