Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life goes on...

First, I must apologize for not blogging since I have returned to the U.S. I’ve been lazy and I would like to say I will continue to blog, but I’m doubtful.

Current life.

I returned to the U.S.A. on August 4th! Since flying into Indianapolis I have been in Michigan the majority of my time including bit of time to the Upper Peninsula. Outside of spending time in the Michigan, I have also visited family in North Carolina and my friend Jennifer Allen (and family) in Georgia. In between those travels, I have also spent some time in Indianapolis, Indiana; enough time to get a job in a PEDS Intensive Care Unit (Riley at Methodist). I will start is next Monday (September 26, 2011).

Namibia.

As my time in Namibia came to a close I was blessed to realize my impact on others was essentially relational. I trust that from working at Rundu State Hospital, to living in a village, to simply interacting with others that many of the friendships and relationships I made showed others a different way to view and relate not only with God but also our relationship with this world. There is no great way to measure ones effect on another when is comes to simple relationships, but I pray it was and will continue to be profound.

Travel in Africa.

The last month in Africa was a lot of travel! Praise the Lord for safety and overall great transportation. I am grateful that this time could be spent in Lusaka with the Zebells (helping build a school), Livingstone (Victoria Falls) relaxing, and in Cape Town visiting a close University friend and her husband.

(For almost a month in a row a lost one nights sleep each week due to travel!!!)

Words cannot express how thankful I am for you to have been involved in this journey and exploration, I have been on over this last year. I would love sit down with you over a cup of coffee and share with you more. Please do not hesitant to contact me.

In Christ’s Love,

Alysse Cuthbert

alysse.cuthbert@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment