Monday, February 27, 2012

Nurse/ Africa


It's been forever... It's been forever since I have blogged. I guess I'm pretty lazy or there is just not a lot of interesting things to say.

Nurse
I'm working night shift in the PEDS ICU at Methodist. Work keeps me busy when I'm there; it's been a good experience. But I'm not enjoying working the night shift. It throws off my sleeping soooo much! I am learning so much and really appreciate this great learning experience. I think it has and will continue to help me as a nurse.

Africa
So Africa has not left my heart or mind. It's with me all the time. Half the time I get in the car to drive I think, "Why am I not taking other people with me... or picking other up?!" I should have a full car.
Upcoming adventures!
I'm going back to Africa! In 38 days I fly to Africa for almost one month! Most of April I will be in Africa - exploring many different things. I will be visiting my friends in Zambia and also exploring working with a new organization Umoya Zambia. http://www.umoyatrust.co.uk/
Check out there website. They are based out of England and also do ministry in Zambia. This is a pretty small organization that is still just getting off the ground, but have great ideas for ministry and serving the poor and orphans. Please pray for clear direction, wisdom, and understanding as I will also be investing in/ praying over a specific relationship.

These are exciting days! I just wish the next 38 day work fly by even quicker!

Please continue to be in prayer for me and that I would be able to hear the calling of the Lord over the mess of this world.

Be Blessed,
alysse

1 comment: