Friday, June 10, 2011

Baggage

Baggage
Physical: When you travel you realize exactly how much stuff you have. You become keenly aware of the weight of your baggage. If you are flying overseas you spend hours planning exactly what you will take making sure that it will be just a little bit less then the allowed amount.
Emotional: I do not think I need to give examples of emotional baggage we carry around! You are very aware of many of the emotions you feel – often wishing you could just hide from them. Still this baggage returns time and time again.
Spiritual: Often we have misconstrued conceptions of God and life plus how we are related. Whether we realize it or not we often lug spiritual baggage.

If someone has a formula to give me of how to carry around less baggage… I would love to hear it! Although I am doubtful that any self-help book will help!

So that leads me to…Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray.

2 comments:

  1. My formula for less baggage: Don't love+ don't be adventurous+ don't take risks= Less Baggage

    ReplyDelete
  2. However, Alysse, if we continue you analogy of comparing life baggage to traveling baggage, some of it is necessary and positive. Like your toothbrush or some clothes, you can't toss out life's positive baggage with the negative. I consider our friendship a positive baggage I carry around when we aren't together! :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete