Sunday, November 7, 2010

Highlights from the Week of Nov. 1st, 2010

Rundu, Namibia and around. Week of Nov. 1st, 2010 to Nov. 7th, 2010

I’m not really sure how to sum up this past week. A lot happens even in one week and if I stopped and recalled everyday; you may get bored after a while.
Highlights of my past week.

A Safari!! On Monday we went to two parks and a beautiful Lodge in between the parks. The best one was the Buffalo Park. I will have pictures up very soon! Words can not to it justice! I was one of the most refreshing days of my life. The Lord has blessed us with amazing creation and creatures.

Starting at Rundu State Hospital.
To those of you at Riley Operating Room: this is called the Theater and completely different! I am not totally sure how to describe sterile! J It has been a good experience overall and I am getting some good experiences already.
I have seen a lot in a short amount of time and mainly just help circulating thus far.
Wednesday I saw two C-sections and Thursday three; one of them were twins! I scrubbed once a little case. Also have seen open laps. and a couple GU cases.
This is only the beginning!

The Orphan and Vulnerable Children Project (OVC) went well this week. I am starting to build relationships with many of the young girls (about 9-13 years old) and will enjoy continuing to pour into their life.

Yes, I did have some lowlights during this week and there are many things that I am continually having to process, but the Lord is faithful.

In Christ’s Love,
Alysse

No comments:

Post a Comment